Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Michael Robson Web Designer and Kevin Leland of Bangari: Gallery Site Design Dialog

Hi Kevin,
So what you're looking at is setting up a forum for your blog?
I like the modern Web 2.0 interface look of the forum example. It looks, feels and is structured well.

From a designers point of view, this is my frank opinion of your blog:

Your website could do with a facelift and restructuring of links. The link navigation looks rather cluttered and there is no distinction between the main and sub links.
Author names are mixed up with the site navigation links. You may want to start by drawing a flow chart and then work on building up.

SEO wise, looks like the blog is tops (indexing and ranking)
There may be a small tweak needed: I noticed the Meta Descriptions missing from your pages.
Hope you read that post I left on your website re the indexing of Bing/Yahoo. LOL just realised on your post above that from the link you provied, you are already using the webmaster service.

Regards,
Michael.

Thanks Michael!

A flowchart would be a great idea. This is a co-authored blog, with a co-op philosophy and revenue distribution. I want the first and last name of all our editors and authors front and center. Putting them on the front page and then at the top of each piece of content they produce, linked back to an index of their works on Bangari along with links to work they have posted outside of Bangari.

I'm working hard on all the on-page linking, before I go off-page, and officially start the link-building campaign. I've done my homework, and know how to get some awesome, top quality back links --starting with Wikipedia! muhuhuhahaha...But you are correct sir, we need a makeover. I really like your designs. I noticed that you could use a lot more contextual back links on your site. We could help you with that, and you could help us with our design. I wish we had cash to offer, but we are all poor folk! Trying to get this thing airborn on brains, talent and elbow grease!  

The forum:

We have a place where we "talk shop" about launching Bangari, and other projects that we have collaborated on, on a google blogger blog:

Bangari Content Studios

The thing is, this site isn't connected to my wordpress domain, and either way, I want to start transplanting some of the content that's on this site to a better forum format, on my Wordpress account, either on the free blog they gave me a sign up or as a page on the paid for .com Bangari domain on WordPress, or both...

I like to keep all these discussions online instead of in email, because in email it is a big waste of keyword-rich word count. There are other advantages too. So, what can we do to set up something like this Web 2.0 Interface looking forum you have in mind?

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment