Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Michael Robson Web Designer and Kevin Leland of Bangari: Gallery Site Design Dialog

Hi Kevin,
So what you're looking at is setting up a forum for your blog?
I like the modern Web 2.0 interface look of the forum example. It looks, feels and is structured well.

From a designers point of view, this is my frank opinion of your blog:

Your website could do with a facelift and restructuring of links. The link navigation looks rather cluttered and there is no distinction between the main and sub links.
Author names are mixed up with the site navigation links. You may want to start by drawing a flow chart and then work on building up.

SEO wise, looks like the blog is tops (indexing and ranking)
There may be a small tweak needed: I noticed the Meta Descriptions missing from your pages.
Hope you read that post I left on your website re the indexing of Bing/Yahoo. LOL just realised on your post above that from the link you provied, you are already using the webmaster service.

Regards,
Michael.

Thanks Michael!

A flowchart would be a great idea. This is a co-authored blog, with a co-op philosophy and revenue distribution. I want the first and last name of all our editors and authors front and center. Putting them on the front page and then at the top of each piece of content they produce, linked back to an index of their works on Bangari along with links to work they have posted outside of Bangari is first priority.

I'm working hard on all the on-page linking, before I go off-page, and officially start the link-building campaign. I've done my homework, and know how to get some awesome, top quality back links --including Wikipedia! muhuhuhahaha...But you are correct sir, we need a makeover. I really like your designs. I noticed that you could use a lot more contextual back links on your site. We could help you with that, and you could help us with our design. I wish we had cash to offer, but we are all poor folk! Trying to get this thing airborn on brains, talent and elbow grease!  

The forum:

We have a place where we "talk shop" about launching Bangari, and other projects that we have collaborated on, on a google blogger blog:

Bangari Content Studios

The thing is, this site isn't connected to my wordpress domain, and either way, I want to start transplanting some of the content that's on this site to a better forum format, on my Wordpress account, either on the free blog they gave me a sign up or as a page on the paid for .com Bangari domain on WordPress, or both...

I like to keep all these discussions online instead of in email, because in email it is a big waste of keyword-rich word count. There are other advantages too. So, what can we do to set up something like this Web 2.0 Interface looking forum you have in mind?



I would be glad to help you with anything 'design' related. This is because I am strictly a front end designer. My strengths lie in Photoshop, Flash etc. If there is anything you require, with regards to these elements, let me know and I would be glad to help. I'm not interested in cash, all I want, like any other business owner, is to come up tops on Google results. If you can help me with this or point me in the right path, I would be glad to experiment myself.

For the kind of website you wish to produce, you may need the services of a scripting professional. I do know of a well reputed company in India, which I outsource all my scripting work to. They charge around US$10 an hour and I have got several sites done through them. Let me know if you are interested and I can put you on to them. The example forum you showed me would be a piece of cake to them. I would be glad to refer that website and get a quote for you if you like.

It would be awesome if you can get onto Wikipedia. Being an SEO expert you would know how you will surge up the Google results if you get on there. However, I understand how hard it is to get on there.
I get what you mean about having a blog as a subdomain and how this holds more weight with SEO versus having a separate blog hosted with Blogger. Again, I have no technical know-how as to how to do the content transfer. I can however get advice on this and get back to you.

Excellent news Michael! I think Natasha made a great match here! To make this relationship "pay-off" (other than cash) we have a ton of work to do.

I'll get you signed up at Bangari. We need "artists" like yourself, as much as we need writers and SEOers. Working together, we can build something worthwhile, co-op style, labor for labor. When and if the economy turns around, then I can see it being a great source of income.

For my part: get me a Google doc, with your "bio" and pic. Include lots of links to sample sites. They will get some free promotion... I'll also need some content from you. This can be what's called "resource content." That means, it isn't directly promotional, and it isn't about the services you provide. We need content on anything "technical." It could even be about WiFi in cars and televisions. How do you feel about writing?

For your part: Let's hold off on the scripting work for now. However, I'll put it on the "wish list" How many hours/$$$ should I budget for that project? What I would really like, and have no clue how to do, would be a few "slide shows" of our content, like Factoidz does. That would be right in your field of expertise, right? I want one on the main page, and later, it would be great to have one on each member's page, showcasing their individual work.

Bangari's SEO philosophy is "Your name is our keyword!" -Individual talent first,  collaborative talent second, quality content third.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad that Mike can help us out, Kevin! And I have to laugh...I'm sure I'll get asked to help do all of his bio writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Deals & Coupons. We have 12569 offers from 6122 stores. Start saving now. Diet Direct Free Shipping. Dermagist 5% OFF. Cheesecake.com Sale.
    deals and discount

    ReplyDelete