Tuesday, November 8, 2011

International Living: A great potential client!

I've been following this site for a while, and it is one of the first ones I am going to approach for an SEO contract. In this article below, they are asking for some help in that area. We have to have the right balance of niche topics (like ketubot) and popular topics (like travel)

Read this:


Join International Living’s Syndication Program Today

International Living has been called the ultimate travel newsletter… It’s that—and more. It’s a newsletter for anyone who is interested in broadening his horizons, by considering opportunities to improve his quality of life…and lowering his cost of living…by looking beyond U.S. shores… read more

The first article should be about how "Online writing" is a portable job. This makes it conducive to International living. Compare how a one person writing operation could allow a person to walk in the Cloud Forest, just as the bagle maker in this story does, and maybe even be able to expand, and hire locals, maybe to do translation work? 
How would you like to be one of those on the ground editors?

Please come back to comment here on what you think about this prospect. We could use a Project Manager for this one.



11 comments:

  1. I can write an article about pros/cons of writing in English as an expat.

    Another idea for this topic is "the grass is always greener" many immigrate and find it's not all better. Livingin a foreign country is not a bed of roses I can tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great article. You bring a good point to mind: Internet advertising has changed the game. See, only on the Internet, can you "speak negatively" about your sponsor's product, or in this case 'concept' and still get paid. It actually helps bring them traffic as well.

    When I was 19 I got married and moved to Italy for two years. I experienced "culture shock" I handled it well. I really experienced it twice, because I got the same feeling coming home again. Let's address the negatives of being an expat in this body of content. I'll work on an article about culture shock. Could you write a 300 word article about your experience with culture shock? I'll merge it into my article. This will be a great site to park your travel articles as well. We can shuffle in their content and link back to them...See, this company proves the value of back-links! They also understand what I do about the "new deal" on site ranking since the Panda / Farmer change.

    We will section off part of Bangari for the "International Living" content. I want to take a slightly different approach with this project. I'll get a post going on BCG to kick off this project.

    So, are you managing this project too? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I want to take this one on as a manager but I can of course write articles for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK! I'll be the manager of this one then. I know you have some good articles for it. I'm going to make the form I was talking about for this one, that will work as a template for all of this stuff. I'll experiment with this project, if it works, we can probably use it for all of our "bulk content" ...there is another term to add to "Learn to Speak Bangari" We should get that posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Balk Content meaning a large amount of content made for one specific client on a specific subject according to a particular template?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! Good definition. That's why if you remember, IV didn't want "promotional" sounding content, and it wasn't even necessary to mention the company name. The robots just want to see a bunch of content with the same keywords, all around the Web, linked to a specific site.

    We need to do the same thing. I like that you used the word "Template." My latest project has been to make up some "templates" and use them in conjunction with the spinner, to make it easy to mix and match paragraphs of content in the RSV. I'm starting with the International Living content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok I'll add it to the glossary in DOCs.
    I think we have to be careful not to post on BCG things that are for the writers. The template for example I think should have been posted here. Don't you think the gallery should be 90% for the paying customers-our show room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I debated that. I like that you say 90% showroom for customers. I'll leave those two templates there, but if I do anymore, I'll post them here on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see we have some new writers.

    ReplyDelete