Thursday, November 24, 2011

eBooks on Bangari

OK the final part of our email exchange on all topics, this time it's ebooks, do you have one?

Never apologize for brainstorming this endeavor, I can use all the help I can get! Sorry it takes me so long to get back with responses sometimes. I’ve had some important things going on in the “real world” the last few weeks. I’m working on another murder investigation. This one involves embezzlement too, and could be a paying gig for a change. The last one cost me $1,000 that I didn’t have, and I didn’t make a dime. There still has not been a decision as to whether she is taking it to trial or is going to plea bargain. It’s been almost six months. I can’t do much in the way of writing the story until it’s conclusion in real life. But, two National news programs have interviewed me, and if they pick up the story then there is a good chance that I could make good money on a book about it -especially if I do a good job writing it. See....I lose direction easy too! haha. But I tell you all this because early next year I’m going to be real busy with that, and I’m going to need help with it. I’m hoping Bangari will be stable, and earning money, without so much start up efforts required. Then we could pool some resources into this.

We all have books to promote here at Bangari. If you don’t, get working on one! ebooks are all the rage now, and self publishing is proven to be a successful route to a New York Times Best Seller...Just learn the story behind the publishing of a very popular recent book, “The Shack” - by William Young. Even if you collect a series of articles you have written in a certain category or on a certain topic, and assemble them into an ebook, each article a chapter, as we say in RI, “Bada-bing-bada-boom, you got a book!”

We can collaborate on producing these, and share the revenue they generate. If you create an ebook from articles you have written, it would be best to spin them. You need different versions to get the most SEO impact when promoting the book online. We will have a great platform for collaboratively producing and promoting content this at Bangari, when all the systems are complete.

We already have several books and eBooks which can be promoted on Bangari:
C.L.Summers has The Kama Sutra of Celibacy
Martha Jette has 7 books available online
Natasha Polak has Love, God
Angelique and Lionel will soon have their novel ready
and I am sure there are other works in the making....Kevin you'll have to tell us more about your intriguing investigative work....I didn't know we had the next Steig Larsson!

12 comments:

  1. And I too have an e-book called "Love, God".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! I'm sorry Natasha. "Love, God." I plan to buy a copy as soon as my money transfers to PayPal. I want to buy one of Martha's too, and then have some good discussions to promote it. I'll have another advance for you all as well. My account is verified, and I deposited $100. I'm just waiting for it to go from my bank to paypal...any day now, but definitely before Christmas! I'm going to try real hard to make a sale and get a deposit in the next few weeks. I really would like to do one more advance, after this next one, before the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Petal: Who is Steig Larson? I'm a fan of the late Tuviah Friedman, "The Nazi Hunter"... He just passed this year, and I want to do a post about him. Maybe a post about Steig Larsson will be good too. That stuff will help promote my story. If you want to see the post about the cold case I broke last year, just Google "OK Cupid Killer Camels Shepherds" I regret that the discussions about it fizzled online because most of the feedback I got was from "trolls" and friends of the murderer with their hate mail. I'm hoping that after the case wraps up, there will be more meaningful conversation about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know why I only saw this comment now! Larson wrote the trilogy about the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Swedish guy that died after giving the manuscripts to his editor, so he never saw the success they had, but they are hot novels at the moment! very intriguing, lots of twists. the main character is a journalist who ends up investigating the murders.

    I have 2 kids books but never figured out how to turn them into ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I just saw the trailer for that movie! that sounds cool. I always felt that it would be just my luck to die before all my ideas and aspirations hit the big time! haha...Maybe I am the next Larson! Idk, it's still a goal of mine to outlive everyone who hates me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you illustrate the children's books that you wrote, Petal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I illustrated the books, one is very simple rhyming with black and white sketches about Lice. The other is based on photos and drawing, a little more complex to turn into an ebook. There was another one I wrote about all the pets I've accidentally killed but I don't think it will go down well!

    You should see the original Swedish versions of those films not the Hollywood version (bloody Yanks) (joke).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Specifically, I'm a 'Swamp Yankee' ...

    What pets did you accidentally kill?

    We should request an article about what the procedure is to turn a book into an ebook. Any takers? Martha? Natasha?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stood on a gerbil.
    Left eggs boiling and went out, the burnt smoke killed finches.
    Opened the door to a couple of other birds.
    Rabbits got scabies.
    I took on the job that no one else wanted getting a sick dog put to sleep.
    When one of my kids was about 4 they took the gold fish out the water and gave them a tour of the house.
    And there was an unfortunate incident with a chameleon which I refuse to talk about on the grounds that I may incriminate myself!

    I'd love to read an article for ebooks for dummies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! New Testament prophecy talks a lot about the 'Anti-Christ.' I think Petal Mashraki is the 'Anti-Noah!' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've also been known to stop the traffic in the middle of a highway to pick up a half squashed cat, so it's not that I don't like animals, just not lucky with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess that depends on whether you look at the cat as "half squashed" or "half NOT squashed." Probably doesn't matter cuz it sounds -
    dead. Sounds like you almost got yourself killed!...And no, it's the animals luck around you that is the issue.

    ReplyDelete