Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another way to back up your work

Good morning everyone!

I wanted to share a little that I am doing to protect my work.  As many of you know I had a computer crash about a month ago and lost everything.  That's why we upload things to the docs so they are saved in the cloud. However, accidents do happen sometimes where content gets deleted through a copy and paste or whatever.  I have decided to put everything I write on a private blog of my own. I don't let that blog have any access to the blog directories or the Internet. This protect my work in two ways.  If anyone were to steal my work, I would have it on my blog as evidence of when I posted it there. Since I left my flash drive in NY when I went on vacation, I thought this was a backup for putting my work in the cloud. I have my flash drive now, but it could get lost again.. or I could forget to save content and lose it, so if I put my work on my own private blog, I am safe.

Actually, one of my articles was not saved after I posted it on my blog, and I was able to go to the blog and get the article from there to put it on the docs. It saved me from having to rewrite the content.

I'll send the link to my back up blog privately, since this blog is public. 

It's just an idea. You don't have to do it.



Sal

No comments:

Post a Comment