Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Collection in the docs to keep nested spins separate

Hi Folks,

I did a nested spin in the robot.  It was easier than doing it outside of the robot and then pasting it in... much easier!

I don't know how you are doing to keep your nested spun articles to keep them safe and separate.  I created a collection "Sally's Nested Spins" to keep up with mine.  Since our nested spins are our money makers, we need to protect them.  I put my original article with original word count under the Nested spun article.

I have a question for you Kevin...

What do I do now?  Does my nested article also go on my clearinghouse blog?  Should the clearing house blog be kept to private?

I also created a sub-collection to put the 3 versions. I listed them one after the other. I haven't put the links in here for you to see it because I don't know if it will get out to the public that way... so you can just go to the docs and look for my collection to see it.

Oh and just for kicks I put sources in there, keywords and meta tags under the original article... so that when we sell the articles we could maybe sell the keywords and meta tags too???  Just a thought.

But where else will I put them? Since the Gallery isn't launched yet for our articles... I need to know if I put them on my clearing house blog.

I'm trying to have it make sense to me..

I addressed this to Kevin... but anyone else who can answer me is welcomed to chime in.

Thanks ~

Sal

1 comment:

  1. Organizing Content in Google Docs and On Line

    As Sally’s recent article on the “Semantic Web” does well to explain, robots can read! As a matter of fact, they can speed read! They can search through a hay stack the size of Mount Everest, and find the needle in a fraction of a second.

    Remember the human way of retrieving information? Remember the Dewey Decimal System? Index, table of contents, glossary...What are information retrieval methods of the past? I’ll take Web 3.0 for $1000 Alex.

    Because we have these same spiders to retrieve info on our hard drives...that with cloud computing are quickly becoming obsolete...and we also have them working within Google Docs, guess what? It’s absolutely unnecessary to be organized! If you can remember the Dewey Decimal System, then you probably are guilty of spending too much time organizing your content into folders, sub folders, files, etc.

    We are calling our spun up articles by the term coined by Petal: Raw Spun Articles

    That makes a good abbreviation: RSA

    Now organizing our content in Docs is more about “labeling” than it is about placement. Unlike the dewey decimal system, our content can be all mixed up, fiction, non-fiction, reference... Just make sure if it is an RSA Document, label it as such, in the title of the doc. Secondly, in Google docs, titles are about as important as placement...not very. However, keywords are quintessential!

    So to answer the question: “How do we organize our Bangari RSA files in Google Docs?”

    Simply title the doc: RSA: keyword1,keyword2,keyword3,keyword4,...up to as many as are allowed or as many as you have.

    Then, I like the idea of keeping all the history of the RSA file at the top:

    Who wrote the original?
    Original word count?
    First posted (date): >Link<
    After spinning by (name) word count:
    After spinning by (name) word count:
    After spinning by (name) word count:
    Total Raw Spun Article word count:
    Spun out copy posted (date): >Link< Bangari Content Studios
    Spun out copy posted (date): >Link< (Name) Published Content Clearing House
    Spun out copy posted (date): >Link<
    Spun out copy sold (date) to: (Company)
    Sold copy posted (date): >Link<
    Sold copy posted (date): >Link<
    Sold copy posted (date): >Link<

    Keywords:

    Meta tag: (spun)

    Titles: (spun)

    Then put the raw spun article here, including the percentag originality and spun out word count:

    82% 575

    RSA..........

    Then under the RSA, put the spun out versions, one by one as they are posted, just as they were posted (after editing) with the title that was used, with the link to where it was posted just below the title.

    I’m more concerned with protecting and sharing...I’m open for suggestions there. We want to share with each other, but we need to protect, especially, our RSA files. Let’s keep them all in a Bangari RSA collection, that is only shared with the founders. Be sure to indicate who the author is!

    When organizing the posting of the spun out versions online, just go by the linking strategy I laid out. Be careful with sources! I know it seems “professional” to site sources, but unless you copy a whole blurb, then let’s not take the hit from a link building standpoint, especially if it’s posted on Bangari Gallery. We want mainly incoming links to that site! Everywhere else, reciprocal and outgoing links are okay.

    ReplyDelete