Monday, August 15, 2011

Article Spinning Terms and Definitions


Hi Kevin:
I just want to apologize for the very lengthy article I wrote. I guess I just got over-ambitious! It won't happen again.
All the Best,
Martha

No apologies necessary! It turned out to be what I call a "Happy Accident." Actually that term comes from William Alexander, the guy who could paint an entire landscape in 30 minutes, he was on Public Television...

Happy accident, because it caused me to discover this method of spinning:

Built in spin- Terminology is important in communication. As we gel as a group, we'll start getting our own verbal "short hand" to pass on and collaborate on work more efficiently. So, it's important to be inventive, and come up with terms like this. It's also important to adopt and use these terms when any of us come up with them. I'm defining this new term, more by example. Martha wrote 965 words in the article in this example. Our client's specs call for 575. However, these articles need to be flat spun to 60%-80% originality. I down spun (another term I'll define in the next paragraph) the article Martha wrote. Look at the example below. The different colored text is different paragraphs that Martha wrote, that I mashed together, using: { | | } ...I added the name of the company, which in this case was a keyword. So, there is a keyword in each different version. Get it? I'm proposing that a "built in spin" be done as the author is composing the article. Although, I think the flat spinning of single words and short phrases should be done later, and preferably, by another. This way, it can include a "proof read" with the flat spin. Make sense? Here is the example:


https://sites.google.com/site/bangaricontentstudios/built-in-spin-example

Down spin- This is when a writer makes up extra paragraphs, or sentences, that say pretty much the same thing, or like in this case (Martha's example) each paragraph describes a different applicable thing on a list: "Sites to see in Arizona" for instance... I've noticed that Martha has a way with "lists" and I think we should follow her example, approaching our "articles written for robots" like this. Which reminds me of another trick I've found, that I think should go with the built in spin.

List spin- comma separated lists should contain three items structured like this: She included melon, pears and blueberries in her fruit salad... Now as you write, another good built in spin would be to think of four more selections for that list, and type them in "flat spin style" like this: She included {melon, pears|pineapple, grapefruit|grapes, peaches} and blueberries in her fruit salad...I've noticed some comma separated lists that include five items or more. List spinning them from now on will get you paid for seven words, but will keep the overall word count for the article lower while it boosts the originality. I think it's better to do these while writing the article, rather than letting the next person do them. When the article is a "niche" topic, the things on the list, unlike fruit, can't come off the top of the flat spinners head. The author can take shortcuts as well by "googling" a list of 3-5 things. It's surprising how that will yield results of many other items belonging in that list.

That concludes this morning's lesson! Thanks for reading! Comments and suggestions welcome. 

-Kevin





16 comments:

  1. I really like that idea of spinning as we write. I also like the idea of spinning paragraphs. The single words and phrases can be done by others as you said. I really like this. I should be back at work on Wednesday, Lord willing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of wondered why we weren't spinning as we wrote, so I too like the idea. However, this would make the 'original' word count longer. How would we figure that out (without the additions)? Or would it just be a total word count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that the first paragraph is the most important one to spin so maybe following on from what Kevin said somewhere, we should do 3 completely unique 1st paragraphs and flat spin the rest, this would up the percentage of original work.
    Petal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not done any flat spins because of the bad taste in my mouth that it left from your comments Kevin about my ability to flat spin. Now you are forcing me to do them whether I want to or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think carol that you could write 3 introductory paragraphs and put them in a set of brackets with lines between each one. Other people could do others. And if you do lists with commas those can be spun as you go. That's no big deal. There is no way to screw that up so there should be nothing to worry about. Other folks can come in and do the other flat spinning.

    Hope I didn't leave any typos. Hate using my iPhone for this but I have no choice now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just put in mind of someone I used to write for. She always wanted 2 introductory paragraphs. This is no different except you do 3 instead of 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Team! Guess what? I just bought "The Best Spinner" and a few hundred credits for CopyScape. We gotta get this client this stuff the way they want it, in a way that's ultra productive for us.
    @Sally yeah, the synonym and second level or "nested" spinning I can do with the robot. The hand spinning will still come in "handy"
    @Martha definitely! The word count doesn't really matter. It's what it boils down to when the articles are spun out. We'll be able to figure it out and make adjustments easily now the we have our own robot. @Petal Brilliant! Yeah, let's make that a policy. We can do "nested spinning" so the article in the sample can be taken even further. @Carol I didn't say you sucked at flat spinning, I just told you to wait until we had more info on how to do it when we were having that communication breakdown. You don't have to spin if you don't want to. Just make sure you keep your word counts on the original article to the low side (like 500 on the original article) This way we can add 3 unique paragraphs as Petal recommended. But I think Sally is right. You can do this. I encourage everyone else to learn all they can about flat spinning, and shortcuts to producing original content and avoiding duplicate content. My opinion is starting to be swayed. I can see where these tools could be used responsibly to produce the kind of content that not just search-bots like, but people like as well. I planning to master it, and then transfer all my content from Factoidz and AC and post it in strategic places to get passive revenue and lots of attention for our services. We can do this! I've been studying this all day...I'll keep you posted. Let's Keep up this discussion, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kevin my article is done on your instructions for the Billy 4 articles, 578 work. I could try a flat spin for the first time but I know I understood as much as everyone else from the very beginning. I did the training for the people you praise today such as Martha Jette and Richard, and Petal and Teal and everyone else. The problem was all over Darlene tampering with the work. Nevertheless, the whole situation damaged my confidence. Now I am behind everyone else, as the only one that has not actually spun yet. I would like to try the article I wrote on Mount Vernon. But please do not come down all hard on me if it is not completely right, remember it will be my first spin ever. I think it is great that you bought the spinner, because to be honest I could not follow stuff spun once and twice already, there are no original words left and it is hard to follow the sense of where the original article was going with all the spins in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. also, if you master your new spinner and you want you can have my 2300 articles for passive income. Although to be honest some I could not flat spin as it was never supposed to be commercial articles, personal life stories, inspirationals poetry and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have learnt a few things along the way that are getting high % originality or at least higher:
    * When there is a high word count already and hardly any original words unspun I take out the individual spun words and turn the entire sentences in to {...|...|...} options. Only a good idea if there is high word count originally. Also if we did nesting I could do the same thing but leave in the original individually spun words.
    * I feel ready for nesting, but Sally said it was not working on the robot so let me know when I can give this a go.
    *I am really stuffing the keywords in now. Sometimes giving one keyword in each of the {} options.
    *At the moment I've been basically leaving the About Us alone.
    I enjoy spinning as you said Kevin it's like a puzzle.
    Petal
    The reason I've been whizzing through the original 46 is to get payed. Just bought school books for 4 kids - a breathtaking experience - 1600 shekels (about $500)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been having some luck with getting through. It's tricky though, but it does instantly bring up percentages of uniqueness. It also lowers the word count, on articles that average over 600 words. We really need 575...to be perfect.

    Try a nested spin on one. I think you are ready too. On the ones I've sent, look at the paragraphs that start with two {{

    We'll get you some money soon! I'm sorry about the hold up. It was my fault for trying to push the whole batch through. Thanks for whizzing through them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are nested spins supposed to have the double {{?

    Is the formula:

    {{AAAAAAAA{BBB|SSS|KKK}AAAAAAAAA|GGGGGG|VVVVV}}

    or are those double {{ supposed to be single?

    Petal

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's tricky and tempermental, but I think double like you had them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at this one, it's nested correctly:

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MKwQRLZ3NNl0Eq7bvpAOnHAj-mivFgQyxa9VPDb1HjA/edit?hl=en_US

    It's "Kitty Dunes" if you want to find it in the docs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok I got it it's not double unless the inside spin is directly next to the original {} in other words:


    {cat{sat|slept|crawled}on the{rug|mat|carpet}}

    just did one{number 38} it should be very high % if I've used my nesting instincts correctly!
    Petal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kevin
    any idea why the 2 articles I tried nesting on did so badly with the percentages?
    Thanks
    Petal

    ReplyDelete